Drone Part Two
Source Code for Drone Part one of the drone covers most of the non-technical details. In this part, I’ll talk about the technical details of the project. Project Structure I broke the project into four directories: labels, model, src, and tests. model and labels are a bit self-explanatory. TensorFlow reads in a model from model and a label set from labels. Most of the project started in tests where I would write simple programs to test the GPIO buttons to make sure I could interact with the Pi while it was attached to the drone.
A Pi that Flies Something I never bothered writing about on my blog was my senior design project. Part of this is because I never found the time and eventually forgot about it. The other part is because drones were prohibited on campus until after I graduated. Plus I was an RA so it looked bad if I was breaking the rules I should be enforcing. I’ve redone the project based on the skills I’ve learned since.
A Handheld Translator for the Price of Lunch I always wanted to travel abroad while in college but couldn’t since I was an RA. Eventually I do plan on traveling once the COVID settles down but in the meantime I’m stuck at home. To keep myself occupied, I thought of a cool idea I wanted to do: create a handheld translator using a Raspberry Pi that listens to my voice, translates it, and speaks the result.
Solving a Common College Student Problem: Like most people, I enjoy sleep. But I’m taking an 8 am class this semester and don’t want to sleep in so I decided that between my knowledge of programming and electronics, I could somehow solve my problem. I had my ‘eureka’ moment about two weeks ago while watching a YouTube video on creating flexible LED panels. I thought that waking up would be easier if I could have one of these turn on above my bed in the morning so that I could wake up.
Simple Particle Simulation in C++: The title says it all! In this project I wanted to use a simple library that would allow me to create a GUI of a particle simulation. After searching around, I decided to use Simple DirectMedia Layer, better known as SDL for its simplicity and plethora of online resources in case I get stuck. In order to learn the library I used SDL’s documentation and followed a YouTube channel to help structure my project.
Building an Arduino-powered Car for CSC 315: This semester I took a class that I have wanted to take since my first semester at college: CSC 315, Software Engineering. CSC 315 focuses more on the practical side of computer science as opposed to the theoretical stuff like data structures and algorithms. The first half of the semester was learning about software engineering approaches, how to work with teams when developing software, and computer ethics.
Hello world! This my first article on my Hugo-powered blog! The purpose of this blog to is periodically update recruiters on CS related projects. I decided I wanted a simple, lightweight blogging site. I chose to use Hugo for its ease of use and speed. By opting for Hugo my website does not use a database making faster and more secure. As for the Hugo theme I chose Tales. For hosting, I chose to use Github Pages.